The Church of Scotland minister still lived and worked locally. The Rev A. Downie Thomson retired in 1974. The parish was linked with Tyninghame and Whitekirk on 4 June 1974 and the joint charge was briefly held by the Rev John Blair. The Reverend Dr Kenneth Walker succeeded in 1976 and had completed 24 years’ service. The old manse was sold off and the Walker family moved into a new bungalow manse at the east end of the village in 1977.
|1944-74||A. Downie Thomson|
|1974||Linked with Whitekirk & Tyninghame|
|1974-75||J. L. Blair|
Until about 1960, there was a church hall in Drem where evening services were conducted and the Woman’s Guild met. Situated past the last house before the road at the northeast end of the village green, it passed into use as a joiner’s shed and was demolished in the 1970s, the site then being used for the garage of that house.
The first interment in the ‘new’ Athelstaneford burial ground, located near the airfield, took place in 1964 although holders of old lairs were occasionally still buried in the churchyard.