Skip to content

The Fourth Statistical Account of East Lothian

Police

Between 1945 and the early 1950s there was a police station in Double Dykes, Inveresk. There is some petty crime in Inveresk, the most frequent problem being vandalism of the allotments where garden hooligans have razed sheds, hedges, etc.

Until 1951 Wallyford police operated from the small building now used as St James' Oratory. They then moved to Whitecraig.

At one time there were three police houses at 2, 4 and 6 Whitecraig Road, and a small police station (1960s-70s) next to the Dolphin pub.

The entire area now comes under the administration of Lothian & Borders police based at Musselburgh.

<< Previous | Next >>