Skip to content

The Fourth Statistical Account of East Lothian

Appendix 2: other Grade A Listed Buildings in East Lothian

Stephen A Bunyan

Four buildings are important in the conservation village of Inveresk, Musselburgh.

Two farmhouses, which were formerly on Biel Estate, near Dunbar are A listed.

Cockenzie House* dates from the 17th century. It was built by the Setons and confiscated with the rest of their properties after 1715. It was bought by the Cadells. It has suffered from poor alterations.

In the county town of Haddington

In North Berwick there are several important houses of which four are A listed:

Also worthy of note are Teviotdale (Greyhome) built in 1898 by Lorimer; slightly further away, Invereil (1899), by Kinnear & Peddie and Norham, 28 Marmion Rd (1897), by T Duncan Rhind.

In Humbie Parish

At Whitekirk, the Tithe Barn* tower (built by Oliver Sinclair c1540) has recently been restored as a dwelling.

<< Previous | Next >>